Ok so if you think you have been hearing more about self-care now, you are right. One indicator according to Google Trends, the number of searches for self-care has more then doubled since 2015. We are dealing with an epidempic of anxiety and depression and everyone feels it. However self-care is part of the answer to how we can all better cope with daily stressors. The stress of work life, home life and the stress with trying to keep up with the pace of daily life which technology has hastened more then ever.
People are feeling lonelier and less able to unwind and slow down which contributes to feelings of anxiousness and loss of control when doing even the most simplest of task. But with self-care, it encourages self-improvement, promotes rest and relaxation, which benefits your over all health and wellness. It also promotes healthier relationships and when our self-esteem and self-awareness improves it has a very positive effect on our overall mindset.
This is exactly why I think it is important to make self-care a real priority in your every day life. I recently got a Hydra facial treatment done at The Powder Room in Bixby Knolls/Long Beach area. Devin my facialist who is absolutely a miricle worker performed the service and was very knowleable and informative. She explained that a Hydra Facial is a facial treatment using a patented device to deliver exfoliation, cleansing, extraction, and hydration to the face. This system uses a vortex swirling action to deliver hydration and to remove dead skin, dirt, debris, and impurities while cleansing and soothing your skin. Best thing about it is there is no down time and the results are immediate.
Now I am not going to lie, a hydra facial can be considered a splurge for some people. It all depends on what is important to you. My personal wellness is super important to me as it keeps me centered, feeling complete and fulfilled as I feel I have personal time with myself and that makes me feel amazing. So much so it helps me be a better mother, wife, daughter and friend. And I cant put a price on that. However I know it can be a bit over budget so you know ya doll has got you covered. Here are all the things needed to do your very own at home DIY hydra Facial.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Oil cleanser/ makeup remover/ face wipes | I use this cleanser, and these face wipes
- Foam Cleanser | I use this foam cleanser
- Physical exfoliation tool like a konjac sponge, peel-off mask, clarisonic or scrub | This konjac sponge has over 1000 reviews on Amazon | I love this glycolic peel mask
Beta Hydroxy Acid product | love this
Alpha Hydroxy Acid product | these are sooo bomb
- Pore Vaccumm (optional) | this one is super affordable and has over 11,000 reviews
- Hydrating watery lotion | this one is really good. I love their products.
- Peptide Serum | looking at the ingredients I’d recc this
- Sheet Mask | these work very well and are super affordable
- Vaseline/Silicone Cream | highly recc this its one of my faves.
HOW TO STEPS:
- Remove makeup w/ oil based cleanser or make up removing wipe
- Deep cleanse by using your foam cleanser right on top of the oil based cleanser. Wash a little longer in this step to ensure you really get everything.
- Exfoliate. The key to copying the hydrafacial is exfoliating with light and repetitive strokes. That way you slough off any dead skin. Dont forget the bridge of your nose, corners of the forehead and cleft in your chin. Rinse lightly and pat dry with your hands.
- Exfoliate Chemically. Take the AHA/BHA product and layer each on top of the other. Let sit for about 5 minutes or as directed on packaging.
- Exfoliate Physically. Now we need to take away all the nasty stuff that was just freed from the chemical exfoliant. Gently revisit the entire face with the tool or product this will loosen any lasting cells to to come loose. Rinse thouroughly and pat dry with a towel.
- Extractions. Get in there and carefully check skin for any congestion that is READY to be removed. If you have a vaccum head extractor you can use that.
- Hydrate. This is the most important step. I mean it is included in the facial name. So you cant half do this step because the new skin needs to be moisturized and hydrated to keep that new glow that you see so put your moisturizer on then use your peptide-filled serum to recreate the claimed benefits of the original Hydrafacial which is anti-aging and regeneration. Next take the sheet mask so your skin can really marinate in all of the yummy goodness sort to speak. Finally after you have peeled off the sheet mask, take the silicone cream or a pea sized amount of vaseline (trust me its not as scary as it seems) to lock in the moisture since its a a waterproof barrier.
Waa-Laa! The results are literally out of this world amazing! And you will find that not only does your skin look amazing it feels amazing too! And you know what I always say… when you look good you feel great!!!