We all love a good festive moment. I love to incorporate that in my self care. And with fall in full effect Im craving all things pumpkin themed, scented and flavored! I recently received a Pumpkin Spice Facial that left my skin feeling so good.
The 4 key benefits of a pumpkin peel is:
- Deep cleansing and corrective- minerals such as Zinc and Copper found in pumpkin puree have been known to control acne and brighten dark spots.
- Firming- the fruit is LOADED with Vitamin C, helping to brighten and firm skin, since Vitamin C aids to build collagen.
- Increased circulation- the folate found in pumpkin is pertinent for red blood cell development, increasing blood circulation for a healthy glow.
- Fights free radical damage- antioxidants found in pumpkin help to defend your skin cells against oxidative damage, which is a leading cause of aging. It also fights free radicals commonly found in air pollution
Pumpkin beauty treatments make skin look younger and more radiant. They’re packed with antioxidants that brighten skin, plus enzymes that rev collagen production to ward off fine lines. As with all things treatments can become very costly as a typical pumpkin peel ranges from $80 all the way up into the 1,000’s depending on the level of peel. Another great option I love besides having it done is using this. I also did a lil digging and found a good DIY treatment
This pumpkin mask is gentle and effective. And the papaya has papain in it which is an enzyme that boosts cell turnover for smooth skin.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup fresh papaya, mashed
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. honey
Mix the pumpkin, papaya, vinegar and honey in a blender. Mix until creamy then pour into bowl. Using your fingers, smooth treatment over clean, dry skin, avoiding the eye area. Relax for 10 minutes. When finished, rinse well with warm water and apply your favorite anti-aging moisturizer and SPF of at least 30!! Get ready for some smooth and soft skin, YOU work hard so YOU deserve it!