Happy Friday friends! Today I want to talk about how you can stay positive in a world that at the moment has so much negative. It’s so easy to be brought down especially if you are like me and tend to take on other peoples energy. It can leave you so drained and mentally exhausted. But I’ve come to learn that it isn’t my sole responsibility to fix everything that’s broken even when I strongly want to. It’s taken me a long time to get to this point but nonetheless better late then never I always say Lolol. Here are my top 5 ways to stay positive when everything you hear and see is so negative…
1. UNPLUG & DISENGAGE- It can be very difficult especially as a woman to just disengage. I mean every fiber in our body tells us to nurture and care for whatever is broken. Sometimes however we just need to UNPLUG… put the phone down, don’t reply to the message of an overly concerned relative or friend asking if you’ve seen what happened on the news lately. Don’t go scrolling down an endless thread of social media news and updates. Because I can promise you they WILL be there still after you take some time for you. Turn off the news. Instead watch a feel good movie, maybe your fave childhood movie snd sweetly remanence about that.
2. FOCUS ON YOUR FAITH- I know for me personally the promises found in Gods word the Bible has been the sole reason I am able to get up everyday with so much hope, ease, peace and joy. Just knowing that better times are just ahead and that soon the things we see and hear that are absolutely terrifying and sometimes even unspeakable will literally be a thing of the past. One of my fave scriptures that I absolutely love and help me so so much is Revelation 21:3,4- And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.
3. FOCUS ON TAKING ONE DAY AT A TIME- Don’t worry about what might happen tomorrow or the next day or even next week. Even the Bible says at Matthew 6:34- never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles. It’s so much easier to take on 1 days worth of worry then a whole weeks or months or even years worth of worry that you might not even go thru. LIVE YOUR LIFE!
4. ACTS OF SERVICE- There is more happiness in giving them there is in receiving! Try to upbuild or encourage a friend or family member and watch and see that you leave feeling upbuilt snd encouraged.
5. POSITIVE MINDSET- If you can think it you can do it. Think about having a positive day or life and then start acting accordingly. Ultimately in life all we have are choices. We choose who we are friends with, where we go to school, who we marry, where we work, where we live and so on. Why not look at life that way? Because life never stopped while we were choosing all of those things, life adapted to our decisions of how we wanna live. So in the same way, when we see all the negativity and craziness on tv. Remember YOU are in control of how YOU react to things, YOU are in control of what you let have access to you and your space. Ultimately you are in control and obligated to YOURSELF to protect that space you have created for YOUR piece of mind.
Sending so much love to each and every one of you💕